Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Why I've Been Scarce!

I know, I know... you are totally missing out on all my witty and ridiculously wonderful ramblings.  You're all dying to know what it is I've been up to that has been interfering with my blogging abilities!  I'll tell you!

I've been making myself some extra fun money!  FREE fun money!!

Sound too good to be true?  Free money?  Yeah right!!  The Princess has gone off the deep end and OD'ed on the Dutch's whacky weed!  There's just no such things as free money in this day and age!

Right?
WRONG!!!

In the last 15 days I've managed to make $25 in Amazon Gift Cards by simply doing what I normally do on my days off... Goofing off on the computer.

Are you dying to know how I did it?
Swagbucks!

It's easy.  You just sign up for a free account and you're good to go.  Okay... so you have to put some effort into it... yes.  You have to do something to earn the points to earn the prizes... but you don't have to break a sweat!

Once you've signed up, you have the option to download the toolbar which will let you easily access all the ways to earn points.  BUT (for those of you download phobics) YOU DON'T HAVE TO!  You can access all the same things by simply starting on the site's homepage.

So what do you do?
Use their search engine...
About 3-4 times a day, you'll be awarded Swagbucks just for using their search.  Now I won't lie to you.  The search results generally suck.  I do not use their engine for important things.  But say I'm researching the family tree... might as well pop the names into the SB engine to see what I get.  Or if I need to go to YouTube (which for some ridiculous reason I've never bookmarked) use the search engine.  Or... get ridiculous and search the most messed up thing you can think of... like the word "Troglodyte" which landed me 7Swagbucks yesterday!!

Next, take a daily poll...
That's an easy point

Then hit the NOSO...
2 points for clicking 'SKIP OFFER' 5 times.

Watch SwagTV for DIY videos...
3 points for every 10 videos (max 75 points/day)

Play their games...
randomly awarded 2 points

Check for surveys...
1 point just for checking.  Plus surveys for 50, 100, even 150 points.

Complete tasks...
time consuming, but if you're in the mood they can land you 80 points.

Watch videos in the Special Offers...
generally 2 points each... some you can watch multiple times.

Fill out offers...
unlimited point possibilities

Buy stuff...
Shop the special offers, or access your favorite stores through the site and earn 2 points for every $1 you spend!

Refer your friends...
Every time they get points for a search... you get points (up to a max of 1000/referral)
Get the drift?  It's what you're already doing to kill the time in front of your computer screen.

Some negatives you should know about...
1) You'll want to use a 'special' email account because if you choose to do Special Offers you know there will be junk mail involved.

2) Only 1 account per household.  They are firm on this and will shut down all accounts for a violation.

3) You CANNOT make a living out of this.

But if you spend as much time online as I do, you can earn a hefty amount of extra spending cash.

How much?  It depends on how much you use it of course.

An Amazon.com e-gift card costs 450 points (other gift cards and prizes are available for different amounts).  I've earned 2349 points in 15 days.  That will buy me five $5 gift cards (which is the max per denomination each month -- I can still save for a larger $25 or $50 card) and by the end of the month I'll be about halfway to a $50 card (which costs 5900 points).

To put it in a larger perspective...  I'll have a new laptop by October and it won't cost me a dime.

So what do you have to do to get in on the deal?

First... if you want to check it all out for yourself, you go to the website and look around.
Swagbucks.com (Please use my referral link below to actually register).

THEN... if you're satisfied that you want to join, you use my referral link HERE to sign up.  Why do I want you to use my link?  It's not that I get points when you join (I don't)... but if you join and decide to really get into it, I get points every time you hit a search reward.  So yes, it helps me... but I'm not recruiting you because it helps me.  I'm recruiting you because... Who can't spend a little extra cash at Amazon.com?  Seriously, maybe you're not that into it, and you just earn enough for a Kindle book here and there (or a new DVD).  Maybe you go gung-ho and save for a big ticket treat you know you can't fit in your budget (like a new iPad?)

The Amazon gift cards are an e-code... it takes about 10-15 days to get the code after you cash out the points, but once you get it, you can put it directly into your Amazon account and you'll have a credit.  The Queen passed on two codes to me today which started me out with an Amazon credit of $10.  I've since cashed in $20 more dollars worth that I will receive in a couple of weeks.

You can earn $300 a year just cashing in enough points for five $5 cards each month (this is my cousins goal to pay for Christmas for her 3 kids).

So while I realize you are missing me and all my Royal antics, I must confess... I've got laptop fever... I'm working my fingers off to get my hands on a new Royal toy for MEMEMEMEMEMEME ME!!  After that, I intend to spoil the O.C. rotten with all my extra points.

Again... this is totally worth it (okay, honestly... it's not worth it if you're looking at it as an hourly wage... but if you are looking at it from the perspective of getting paid for time you're normally wasting... then it is TOTALLY WORTH IT!)

JOIN US (no really... come to the swag side... we have Amazon Gift Cards!!!)

You never know... I might decide to offer up a prize to the first person who earns the 450 points needed for an Amazon Gift Card.

2 comments:

  1. I do something similar with mypoints.com

    I've gotten gas cards for road trips, gift cards for restraunts, walmart and amazon gifts cards for anything...it's fun! I got my $50 printer for free thanks to an amazon gift card. I'll check this one out too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on my seventh gift card in less than a month. I buy the five dollar ones and I've maxed out on what I can buy,, so I'm two up for next month. I love swagbucks... and I'm a doof when it comes to this stuff..

    ReplyDelete